Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Thought for Mother's Day

It's hard to believe a year went by so fast. Looking back to last year the weekend of Mother's Day my heart reflects on what I was feeling and thinking that day. I look back on my post Mother's Day Thoughts... and I clearly remember it was a day filled with lots of mixed emotions and a church service I will never forget as Pastor Chad reflected on Mary mother of Jesus and what she must have gone through when losing her son.  I sit here now holding my son and can only thank God for His Grace, love, and provision of allowing me to be Noah's mother. Noah is a gift to me and a testimony of God's grace in my life. I can't help but feel burdened and heavy hearted for those women who are experiencing the same pain I felt last year after losing my first baby just 2 months prior to Mother's Day. Although I have my son now I was a mother before Noah came in to my life but never got to experience the earthly relationship with that precious little one. As I fully embrace what I have been given now with so much gratitude and joy, I will always look forward to the day when I will meet that little one in heaven :). My cup is overflowing this year and I am forever thankful.

Mother's Day is a day to celebrate Moms for their sacrificial love, guidance, teaching, etc. they give to their children each day, but it should also be a day to love and encourage those women who have lost, are struggling with infertility, trying to adopt but are having problems, etc. I know last year my dear friend Katie Rulketter did just that for me and it was one of the most touching things anyone has ever done for me. Yes, be joyous and celebrate your motherhood on this day as you fully deserve it for all you do for your children but remember and pray for those who may not get to do the same and love and encourage those you know who have lost those they love or are deeply longing for a little one to call them mom.

Thank you Katie R. for reminding me last year and today of what the beautiful gospel looks like! :) I love you sweet friend and praise God for your precious little one who was so graciously given to you in your times of trial. Your compassionate heart  serves as a gracious reminder for everyone else to always put others needs and emotions first and I am grateful for that! Happy Mother's Day!

Hebrews 11:1- "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."




1 comment:

  1. Such a great post. I always struggle on mother's day. I vividly remember being childless on Mother's Day and all I can think about each year is all the women who are struggling. In addition to infertility and miscarriage/infant loss/adoption loss - what about the women whose mother's have died in the past year or other women who don't have a good relationship with their own mother. It is just a difficult day all around and I spend more time praying for all of those women than I do enjoying the day.
    I'm so thankful you have your little Noah this year. :)

    ReplyDelete