Sunday, August 19, 2012

11 Years Together!

Yesterday marked the day 11 YEARS AGO (Wow I feel old!!) when Aaron asked me to be his girl friend :). At that moment I never imagined that I would be spending the rest of my life with him but man am I happy that was God's plan in the first place!! Aaron and I met at Bible and Beach through Southeast Christian Church when we were 15 years old. It took him a couple months to ask me out (I think he was nervous ;) ) but he eventually did and we have been together ever since!

We have so many wonderful friends who have been with us since the beginning and have watched us grow up together which has been alot of fun! We have had support and encouragement throughout our relationship which has helped make it what it is today. We are so grateful for the people in our lives who have helped our relationship grow!

We have been through so much together from such a young age and I am so thankful for our relationship as well as our friendship. Even though we are married now we still like to celebrate our "dating anniversaries" because its so special to us! We don't go all out or anything but we try to make the day a little extra special.

The weather couldn't have been more perfect! We woke up late and I made us coffee cake for breakfast and we just sat and talked for a bit. Then we went to my dad's restaurant to pick up lunch and had a picnic at Cherokee Park where we spent a good two hours just hanging out and going on a walk. That is our favorite park to go to! Homemade Pie and Icecream Kitchen was having their 30th Anniversary so we went there after the park and got 30 cent scoops of icecream!! It was delicious!!!

The whole day was very relaxing and later that night we went and ate dinner at our favorite pizza place Papalino's on Bardstown Road and just enjoyed sitting outside watching all the families and people walk by. We talked alot about how we couldn't wait to go to all of our favorite places to eat with our little one :). After dinner we went to the movies and saw The Dark Knight Rises...its was pretty good!!

It was nice to just have a whole day to spend together with no interruptions or the hustle and bustle of the demands of every day life! We are learning to truly cherish those moments as our lives get crazier and busier by the minute! All I can say is that these past 11 years have been the best years of my life and I am so happy to know that we have so many more to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment