Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Our Weekend Away!

This past weekend Aaron and I got away just the two of us! It was SO MUCH FUN and SO RELAXING!! We went to Brown County, IN which is a little small town about an hour and a half away from Louisville. It was so quaint and cute with lots of little shops. It kind of reminds me of Gatlinburg, TN a little bit but on a much much smaller scale.

When we got there I was of course sooo hungry haha so we decided we would go and eat at the Nashville Inn. It had a little general store attached to it where they sold their famous homemade apple butter. I was very tempted to buy some but refrained! I enjoyed quite a bit of it though with our lunch. Being that it's October, Brown County was very crowded because that is their prime month. I could totally see why because it was so beautiful with all the fall colors. With that being said, we had to wait about an hour for our table so Aaron and I sat outside and enjoyed the weather while eating a bag of gummy bears from their little candy shop (yes I gave in to the sweet craving-but just this once!! ). When we got our table they put us back in the corner so it was quiet and cozy. Our food was Delicious! We both got the fried chicken with mashed potatoes, corn, and coleslaw. They also gave us fried biscuits with their homemade apple butter which we both inhaled!!! SO YUMMY!!

After we ate we walked around to all the shops in search of Christmas gifts and something for Noah's room. Unfortunately we didn't find anything but I wasn't too disappointed. After we spent about 4 hours in Brown County we decided to go to the Brown County State Park which was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Being that I am 6 1/2 months pregnant I wasn't really up for the true hardcore hiking we normally do but we decided to go on the easy hiking paths along the beautiful lake.

It was a wonderful time just being together and enjoying each others company. It was refreshing to get away even if it was only an hour and a half away. We felt like we were hundreds of miles from Louisville. Can't wait though to go on some more excursions with our little one!! :)

My hot date enjoying his meal at Nashville Inn

I sure do love that Apple Butter!!

Aaron and I relaxing in the rocking chairs


The beautiful lake at Brown County State Park

One of the lookouts at Brown County State Park...Me and Aaron with Noah in tow! :)

Coming back to our beautiful city that we love!



1 comment: