Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Noah's 6 AND 7 Month Update!!

So I can say that I have been a major slacker or I can blame it on our crazy busy lives and not having time but I totally missed Noah's 6 month update so these past 2 months will just have to be combined :). At Noah's 6 month appointment he weighed 18 lbs 14 oz!!!! That explains the double chin! I have no idea how much he weighs this month but he gets heavier every week so my guess is around 21 lbs. He was 90% for height at 28 3/4 inches and 75% for weight. The boy loves to eat!

We are now feeding him meats which he devours but he isn't a fan of ham and chicken is his favorite (he is my son!). I tried to introduce the sippy cup but he has absolutely no interest. Still a bottle boy and I am fine with that :). I never thought I would pump as long as I have but have been contemplating stopping for the past couple of weeks so we will see. It's pretty exhausting keeping up with it at work but I am taking each day separately and seeing how long I will make it!

These past two months Noah has learned so many new things and this momma has had lots of proud moments and lots of bittersweet moments as I realize he is becoming more and more independent not needing or even wanting my help for that matter :(. For example, he actually pushes my hand away now so he can hold his bottle himself! Since when did he become such a big boy?!?! These past two weeks he has started sitting up on his own and CRAWLING! It's an army crawl but I was told that's crawling ;). Can someone make time slow down please!?

Noah has started saying "dada" on a daily basis but I can't get a "mama" out of him yet! Can't wait to hear those sweet words come out of his mouth. I do melt like butter though when he says dada too :). He has starting hugging me too which gets me every time. My favorite is when he does it when I pick him up after work. It makes getting through the work day worth it to hear his shriek of joy when I walk through the door and pick him up and then him squeezing my neck! Did I mention how much I love that boy?! ;) He is so content and always such a joy to have around! He is such a good boy so we love taking him out to eat with us!

We have officially taken the paci away! It wasn't something we really planned it just kind of happened. Noah LOVES the newborn pacis and those were the only ones he would take. We tried to give him the older ones but he wanted nothing to do with them. I think he likes how the newborn ones are soft. So since he didn't like the older ones we decided now is the time to take it away and we haven't looked back. The first night was REALLY rough but after day 2 it was like they never existed. Since taking it away and enduring the one brutal night with him wanting it he has actually started sleeping 10-11 hours straight!! We have had issues with him sleeping through the night and I think it was because he always wanted that paci in his mouth!! I'm very proud of the way he has handled giving up something he loved so much! One bad night is nothing to complain about and now he is sleeping better than ever! Who would have thought! Ha!

Each day is new and exciting for him which puts so much in to perspective for Aaron and I that we need to appreciate the smaller things in life. It's so neat that you not only are teaching your children but at the same time you have so much to learn from them! Aside from my salvation and my wonderful husband, Noah has truly been one of our greatest gifts in life and I am so honored to be his momma!
Forgive me for picture overload its been two months ;)


6 Months Old!!

Holding that Bottle like a BIG boy!

Noah LOVES going to Trader Joe's!

Park date with The Rulketters!

First time at the KY State Fair! He loved it!

Play date with Whitney and little Miss Caroline!

This boy loves his turkey!

Sitting up on his own!

7 Months Old! He is so excited about it!!

Just chillin!


Love him!

Trying to escape :)

Eating lunch with mommy and daddy at Toast on Market to celebrate them being together 12 years on August 18th!

Makes my heart melt!

No comments:

Post a Comment